THE NATIONAL ORGANIZATION
The NATIONAL CHAPTER is comprised of the National Officers and a duly elected National Delegate from each local chapter. The National Chapter is the general governing body and meets every two years at the Biennial Meeting.
The National Officers are:
- NATIONAL PRESIDENT- This is the CEO of the Fraternity who has the power to call and preside at meetings, oversees all functions of the operation of the National Chapter and appoints committees.
- NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT OF COLLEGIATE AFFAIRS- This officer shall assist with officer training for incoming Regional Directors, develop professional programs for collegiate chapters, to assist the National Vice President of Expansion to activate or reactivate chapters and perform other duties, as directed by the National President. The National Vice President of Collegiate Affairs shall be first in order of succession in case of the inability of the National President to serve. This officer shall be elected as prescribed elsewhere in these Bylaws.
- NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT OF ALUMNI AFFAIRS- This officer shall be responsible for assisting the Regional Directors to maintain contact with alumni chapters, to develop professional programs for alumni chapters and individuals, to administer the programs for the Alumni Achievement Award and Alumni Hall of Fame, to assist the National Vice President of Expansion to activate or reactivate alumni chapters and to facilitate the selection of the Alumni-at-Large Delegate at the National Chapter Meetings. The National Vice President of Alumni Affairs shall be second in order of succession in case of the inability of the National President to serve. This officer shall be elected as prescribed elsewhere in these Bylaws.
- NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT OF EXPANSION- This officer shall be responsible for activating and reactivating chapters. This officer will identify and pursue opportunities for establishing chapters, attend pre-petition visits, and conduct chapter installation and reactivation ceremonies. This National Vice President of Expansion shall be third in order of succession in case of the inability of the National President to serve. This officer shall be elected as prescribed elsewhere in these Bylaws.
- REGIONAL DIRECTORS- Each geographical area has one director who visits the local chapters at least once during each Biennium and who provides additional guidance and assistance, as needed. This officer is available to assist you with any questions or problems you may have.
The operations of the Fraternity are administered by the following entities:
- EXECUTIVE POLICY BOARD, which is comprised of the current National President, the Executive Policy Board Chair and a former National Officer appointed by the current National President. This Board is responsible for formulating and implementing short-term and long-term financial objectives, directing the operation of the National Headquarters, and performing other duties at the direction of the Executive Council.
- EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, which is comprised of the elected National Officers and the Executive Policy Board Chair. These members direct the affairs of the Fraternity during the period between meetings of the National Chapter.
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Fraternity, oversees the activities of the Regional Directors, keeps the permanent records, and is the historian. This person has an office at National Headquarters and takes care of all the records of the Fraternity. The Executive Director is an ex-officio member of the Executive Council.
Click Here to Download the List of Past Presidents